Main | Saturday, June 02, 2012

Queen Latifah: I Didn't Come Out

Queen Latifah says that despite the way some in the audience received her words, she definitely did not come out during her performance at Long Beach Pride.
“That definitely wasn’t the case,” she tells EW. “I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It’s just not gonna happen.” That said, the 42-year old was thrilled to participate in the event and even recalled an earlier performance for gay audiences. “To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things,” she says. “My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year’s Eve in San Francisco. Tupac happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early ’90s. And the boys were like, ‘Take your shirt off, Tupac!’ He wasn’t doing that. But we had a blast in there.”

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home