Main | Friday, September 07, 2012

Scissor Sisters At The DNC

After the conclusion of the convention last night, NYC council candidate Corey Johnson and I cabbed to Charlotte's boisterous club district for an unadvertised private concert by the Scissor Sisters, who opened by advising the mostly straight audience: "If you've never heard of us, it's because you aren't British or gay."

Track list from their abbreviated set: Shady Love, Let's Have A Kiki, Take Your Mama Out, I Don't Feel Like Dancing, and Comfortably Numb. The Sisters were the first act on the bill and we took off as the place got jammed and rap/dance artist Pitbull took the stage.

Outside the club, I overheard some attendees puzzling over what they'd just seen. One girl said, "I don't know what a kiki is, but now I totally want to have one." (Big thanks to Zach Wahls for tipping me about the show.)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home