Main | Saturday, September 01, 2012

Stevie Wonder: Gays Are Confused

"I think honestly, some people who think they're gay, they're confused. People can misconstrue closeness for love. People can feel connected, they bond. I'm not saying all [gay people are confused]. Some people have a desire to be with the same sex. But that's them." - Stevie Wonder, commenting on Frank Ocean's coming out. So disappointing.

UPDATE: Wonder has apologized to The Advocate.
"I’m sorry that my words about anyone feeling confused about their love were misunderstood. No one has been a greater advocate for the power of love in this world than I; both in my life and in my music. Clearly, love is love, between a man and a woman, a woman and a man, a woman and a woman and a man and a man. What I’m not confused about is the world needing much more love, no hate, no prejudice, no bigotry and more unity, peace and understanding. Period."

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home