Main | Friday, November 09, 2012

CIA Director Resigns Over Affair

CIA director and four-star former Army General David Petraeus resigned today, citing an extramarital affair. From his resignation letter:
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation. As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.
RELATED: During the debate over the repeal of DADT, Petraeus said he doubted that rank-and-file "even care about DADT" or whether their fellow soldiers are gay or not.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home