Main | Thursday, March 14, 2013

HomoQuotable - Bruce Carroll

"Now that I think about it, there are words that I shouldn't have used, that I wouldn't use as an official Senate candidate, and I don't use them a lot, but everyone zeroes in on the one thing that they find. And, they'll probably find that. I can't do that as a Senate candidate, but I don't think I should sap my personality for the sake of running for public office because that's an appeal. I can't hide my personality. I can refine my delivery a little bit, and I have the ability to do that, but I am who I am." - Gay Patriot blogger and just-resigned GOProud board member Bruce Carroll, speaking to Buzzfeed's Chris Geidner about his "maybe I will" plan to run against Sen. Lindsey Graham in 2014.

RELATED: In the above-linked article, Geidner notes that Carroll would "have to account" for his words on Twitter and his blog. Here's just a few recent examples that would provide easy ammo for opponents. I have many, many more in the archives.

Labels: , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home