Main | Monday, April 29, 2013

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) Regrets His Vote Against The Repeal Of DADT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), one of the three Senate Democrats not yet to endorse same-sex marriage, now says he regrets voting against the repeal of DADT.
In December 2010, Manchin broke with Democrats and cast a vote against a procedural motion to advance "don't ask, don't tell" repeal legislation. When the Senate voted to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy later that month, Manchin skipped the vote to attend a "holiday gathering."  "That was the wrong vote," Manchin said at a Saturday breakfast hosted by National Journal and The Atlantic, which also featured MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. "Today I would vote the other way."
Earlier this month Manchin restated his support for DOMA: "I believe that a marriage is a union between one man and one woman. My beliefs are guided by my faith, and I support the Defense of Marriage Act."

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home