Main | Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quote Of The Day - Edward Snowden

"I'm neither traitor nor hero. I'm an American. People who think I made a mistake in picking Hong Kong as a location misunderstand my intentions. I am not here to hide from justice; I am here to reveal criminality. My intention is to ask the courts and people of Hong Kong to decide my fate. I have been given no reason to doubt your system." - Edward Snowden, telling the South China Post that he intends to fight extradition to the United States.

Snowden checked out his hotel room on Monday and is now in a "secret location" according to Post.  Yesterday an anonymous FBI source told the New York Times that "there will be no hesitation" to charge Snowden with leaking classified documents.  Tomorrow the entire Senate will convene for a closed session with the NSA, the FBI, and Department of Justice. Federal officials and legal experts in Hong Kong say they expect China would comply with an extradition request.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home