Main | Monday, November 18, 2013

Martin Bashir Apologizes To Sarah Palin

On Friday, MSNBC host Martin Bashir suggested that Sarah Palin, who had compared slavery to the national debt, would never truly understand slavery unless she too had someone shit and piss in her mouth, as was done to some slaves. Right wing sites went ballistic and there were many calls for MSNBC to fire Bashir. Today he apologized. An excerpt:
Last Friday, on this broadcast, I made some comments which were deeply offensive and directed at Governor Sarah Palin. I wanted to take this opportunity to say sorry to Mrs. Palin and to also offer an unreserved apology to her friends and family, her supporters, our viewers, and anyone who may have heard what I said. My words were wholly unacceptable. They were neither accurate, nor fair. They were unworthy of anyone who would claim to have an interest in politics. And they have brought shame upon my friends and colleagues at this network, none of whom were responsible for the things that I said.
The full apology is below.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home