Main | Saturday, November 02, 2013

Quote Of The Day - Thomas Peters

"The accident has taught me to be more humble and realistic about my own efforts and contributions. Before my accident I took pride in my self-reliance, and my ability to contribute to the causes I care about, and I still do, but since the accident I have gained a far greater appreciation for the fact that everything I do and am is because of the Lord. I certainly didn't bring myself back from the brink of death and, as a wise priest told me, my prayers and sacrifices these weeks and months have done more to aid the causes of life, marriage and religious freedom than anything I wrote, said or did to promote these prior to the accident. But make no mistake, as soon as I am able, I am coming back to fight harder than ever for all of these things because I know now that it is prayer that makes the warrior his strongest." - NOM communications director Thomas Peters, who was left a quadriplegic after a July swimming accident.

RELATED: Peters' wife and family have been writing a recovery blog ever since his accident. While we couldn't be any more opposed to Peters' politics, the blog has provided interesting insight into the myriad challenges brought by such a devastating injury. We wish him well.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home