Main | Wednesday, April 09, 2014

OKCupid Co-Founder Apologizes For 2004 Donation To Anti-Gay GOP House Rep

"A decade ago, I made a contribution to Representative Chris Cannon because he was the ranking Republican on the House subcommittee that oversaw the Internet and Intellectual Property, matters important to my business and our industry. I accept responsibility for not knowing where he stood on gay rights in particular; I unequivocally support marriage equality and I would not make that contribution again today. However, a contribution made to a candidate with views on hundreds of issues has no equivalence to a contribution supporting Prop 8, a single issue that has no purpose other than to affirmatively prohibit gay marriage, which I believe is a basic civil right." - OKCupid co-founder Sam Yagan, in a statement emailed to the Huffington Post.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home