Main | Tuesday, September 30, 2014

David Cameron: I'm OK With Gay PDA

British Prime Minister David Cameron was interviewed last night by gay journalist Evan Davis, who grilled Cameron about his positions on "modernizing" issues. Via Gay Star News:
Davis asked if he saw two recently married men kissing in a public park, would he consider it to be 'sweet' or 'mildly inappropriate'? 'No, that's fine. I've been very clear about this and this is where I do, as it were, marry traditional and modern values,' Cameron said. 'I believe in the family, I believe in marriage and I think it's such a great institution I think men should be able to marry each other and women should be able to marry each other.' He added: 'If I can kiss my wife in public I don't see why you can't kiss your husband in public.'

Cameron was also asked whether he wanted children to learn weights in kilograms or pounds and ounces, with the Prime Minister picking the latter. And he also said if a company had to choose between a moderately capable Brit or a very good Latvian for a job, he would rather the British company employed British people but it would be entirely up to them. Davis used the questions to highlight Cameron's attempts to heal the rift between the two sides, the modern and the socially conservative, of his party.
Start at the 9:30 mark.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home