Main | Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Todd Starnes, Literary Bad Boy

"I called the public library and had a very nice chat with the librarian. She confirmed that my book had indeed been turned away. She said there were not enough 'professional reviews.' The librarian also said they had limited space for books. 'We have a really small library,' she said. 'Real estate on our shelves is very valuable.' That’s understandable. I’m just glad the Cordova Public Library has ample room on their shelves for the works of Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and President Obama. No wonder they don’t have room for the bad boy of the literary world. I can’t say I’m all that surprised that the public library refused to accept my book. A few years ago Amazon banned my second book, 'Dispatches From Bitter America.' They said it contained offensive material. But that’s how the tolerance and diversity crowd operates. They don’t burn books – they just ban them." - Todd Starnes, very upset that a small Alaska town library rejected his book.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home