Main | Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quote Of The Day - Ken Buck

"I disagree strongly with the concept of separation of church and state. It was not written into the Constitution. While we have a Constitution that is very strong in the sense that we are not gonna have a religion that’s sanctioned by the government, it doesn’t mean that we need to have a separation between government and religion. And so that, that concerns me a great deal.

"So I think there are cultural differences, I think there, we are as strong as we, our culture, our culture gives us our strength, I guess is the best way to put that. And, and I am worried about the fact that we seem to be walking away from culture. And, and one thing that President Obama has done that I would certainly speak about is calling the Christmas tree, which has historically been called a Christmas tree in Washington DC, a holiday tree. It’s just flat wrong in my mind." - Colorado teabagger and Senate candidate Ken Buck, who is tied in the polling with incumbent Sen. Michael Bennet.

RELATED: Think Progress notes that Buck's claim about the Obama "holiday tree" has been debunked as pure "hooey."

Labels: , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home