Main | Monday, December 15, 2014

HomoQuotable - Robert Oscar Lopez

"Nowadays the American Left has so thoroughly drenched our campuses in a toxic ideology, a fascism posing as tolerance, that the pact is gone. There are moments when students come to me and say things that sound like the trustful conversations of old, but too many times now, they are playing some trick on me. Students lay sand traps, misrepresent what I say, march into administrative offices and lie about me. The fact that I am one man teaching 160 students every semester used to feel exciting; it meant I had a broad cross-section of dynamic citizens to interface with. Now I just feel outnumbered. The classroom is another place where I have to worry about death threats, spies, snipers, saboteurs.

"I need my job. I will do what is required of me. You will get the requisite exposure to texts as stipulated by course catalogues and professional rubrics. There is an extra mile I used to take my teaching, but I must forego it now. Teaching is strictly business, no longer for me a sacred calling but a dangerous obligation I have no choice but to fulfill. In the future, I cannot show you who I am, and unfortunately this means you will only know the person described in the libelous broadsides put out by the fascist politically correct despots who keep stuffing your head with the new liberal orthodoxy. You will hate me and I can do nothing about it. I give up." - Robert Oscar Lopez, in an already deleted post now viewable through the Wayback Machine. (Tipped by JMG reader Straight Grandmother)

PREVIOUSLY ON JMG:  In September, Lopez compared the Human Rights Campaign to the Khmer Rouge. Earlier that month Lopez petitioned the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals to stop gay marriage in Texas because he used to be a prostitute. In April 2014 Lopez filed an anti-gay amicus brief in support of Virginia's ban on same-sex marriage. In March 2014 Lopez declared that gay men are turning surrogate mothers into breeding slaves. Last year, in addition to appearing on stage at an anti-gay Manif Pour Tous rally in France that was supported by neo-Nazis, Lopez testified against LGBT equality before several state legislatures and he co-signed an anti-gay homocon brief to the Supreme Court in support of DOMA. You really must read the Media Matters take on Lopez' trilogy of gay erotica.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home