Main | Sunday, December 03, 2006

What's After Platinum?

I'd have to defer to those more expert than myself, but I *think* that with Thursday night's attendance at The Drowsy Chaperone, my FOURTH musical in 11 days, I have pushed my Gay Card into platinum status. As proof, David and I sat in the fifth row (!) and almost squealed to realize that the entire original cast would be appearing. (David prays a little mantra before he opens his Playbill: "No little slips. No little slips.") The show was fantastic of course, and Bob Martin, the theatre queen "Man In Chair" who leads the audience through his memories, was charming beyond belief. And the icing on the cake was David getting a sweet kiss at the door from Drowsy's Tony winning Beth Leavel, as she collected donations for Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS.

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home