Merkel Über Alles
Forbes has published their annual list of the most powerful women in the world. German Chancellor Angela Merkel tops the list for the second year in a row, but Condoleeza Rice falls to #4. Oprah's at #21, Hillary at #25, Nancy Pelosi at #26. Rankings are calculated based on a composite of visibility (based on press mentions) and economic impact (based on a complex formula of job title and company sales or assets.) Here's the rest of the top ten:
1. Angela Merkel - Chancellor, Germany
2. Wu Yi - Vice Premier, China
3. Ho Ching -CEO, Temasek Holdings, Singapore
4. Condoleeza Rice - Secretary of State, U.S.
5. Indra K. Nooyi - CEO, PepsiCo, U.S
6. Sonia Gandhi - President, National Congress Party, India
7. Cynthia Carroll - CEO, Anglo American Co., U.K.
8. Patricia A. Woertz - Chairman, Archer Daniels Midland, U.S.
9. Irene Rosenfeld -Chairman/CEO, Kraft Foods, U.S.
10. Patricia Russo - CEO, Alcatel-Lucent, U.S.