Main | Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hillary Issues A Trio Of Apologies

For somebody who rarely backs down, Hillary was Miss Contrite yesterday.

Apology 1 - On Bill's comparison of Obama and Jesse Jackson: "I want to put that in context. You know I am sorry if anyone was offended. It was certainly not meant in any way to be offensive. We can be proud of both Jesse Jackson and Senator Obama."

Apology 2 - On Geraldine Ferraro saying that Obama was where he is because he's black: "I certainly do repudiate it and I regret deeply that it was said. Obviously she doesn't speak for the campaign, she doesn't speak for any of my positions, and she has resigned from being a member of my very large finance committee."

Apology 3 - On the federal response to Hurricane Katrina: "I've said it publicly, and I say it privately: I apologize, and I am embarrassed that our government so mistreated our fellow citizens ... It was a national disgrace."

Whew.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home