Main | Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fake Sarah Palin Tours Manhattan

As Sarah Palin is in town (despite being disinvited from yesterday's anti-Iran/pro-Israel rally at the UN), the Daily News dressed up comedian Kristy Webb as a fake Palin and toured her around town. Fake Sarah was mobbed by deceived Gothamites in Times Square, in front of Lehman Brothers, and was even taken by the Stonewall Inn. Photo slideshow here. News story here. Webb say of her experience:
When we hit the street I didn't know what to expect. Once we started walking people came out of nowhere with their camera phones and cameras. I thought people would know I was a fake. I didn't think I looked exactly like her but people were literally looking me in the eyeballs and telling me how much they admire me and how much they love me and they were huge fans. It was weird. I felt a little bad when people would come up and shake my hand and say, "you're so great."There was this part of me inside that kind of wanted to talk to these people as myself and ask "Why, Why, Why?" Instead I maintained character and the illusion for them because they seemed so affected by her.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home