Main | Wednesday, October 22, 2008

William Shatner Goes Off On Sulu


On his own YouTube channel, William Shatner goes off on George Takei for not inviting him to his wedding.
"There is such a sickness there. It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea. I didn't read his book that was printed many years ago, but apparently I didn't let somebody have a closeup. I literally don't know him. I didn't know him very well on the series. He would come in for a day or two, as evidenced by the part he played. Then on the movies, there occasionally. I didn't know the man. But he has continued to speak badly about me for all these years. Obviously hiding his homosexuality. Talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself and being fearful somebody would find out about this terrible terrible secret, so he thought. Finally at the age of I think 70, he decides to come out of the closet and say 'I'm gay.' Like, who cares? Be gay. Don't be gay. That's up to you George."
That's Shatner's daughter doing the interview, I think

(Via - Good As You)

UPDATE: Takei responds: "It is unfortunate that Bill was unable to join us for our wedding as he indeed was invited to attend. It is our hope that at this point he joins us in voting NO on Proposition 8, which seeks to eliminate the fundamental right for same-sex couples to marry in California." -- George Takei

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home