Main | Monday, April 20, 2009

Miss CA: My Answer Cost Me My Crown

Carrie Prejean, Miss California USA, says that her answer to Perez Hilton's question about marriage equality cost her the crown in last night's Miss USA pageant.
“It did cost me my crown. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that’s all I can do. It is a very touchy subject and he [Hilton] is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would’ve wanted me to be more politically correct. But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything.”
Prejean points out that her straight sister is a gay rights activist who supports same-sex marriage.

UPDATE:
Perez Hilton talks to MSNBC about his question.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home