Main | Thursday, January 21, 2010

John Edwards: I'm The Daddy

It's taken two years, but onetime Democratic golden boy John Edwards has finally admitted fathering a baby with a woman working on a film about his 2008 presidential campaign.
Mr. Edwards had vehemently denied the accusations – first reported nearly two years ago by The National Enquirer – but he made the not-so-surprising announcement before a tell-all book by a former aide makes the same disclosure next month. “It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter, and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me,” Mr. Edwards said in a statement released to The News & Observer in Raleigh, N.C., and to NBC’s “Today” show. “I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves,” Mr. Edwards added. “I have been able to spend time with her during the past year and trust that future efforts to show her the love and affection she deserves can be done privately and in peace.”
You may recall that during the campaign Edwards "wasn't there yet" on gay marriage. Marriage is meant for one man and one woman and one buxom German filmmaker.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home