Main | Friday, May 20, 2011

WND To Sue Esquire

World Net Daily founder Joseph Farah says that he will be suing Esquire Magazine for posting a satirical claim that he had decided to pull the publication of Jerome Corsi's birther book, Where's The Birth Certificate?

On Wednesday, Esquire wrote:
In an exclusive interview, a reflective Farah, who wrote the book's foreword and also published Corsi's earlier best-selling work, Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak out Against John Kerry and Capricorn One: NASA, JFK, and the Great "Moon Landing" Cover-Up, said that after much serious reflection, he could not go forward with the project. "I believe with all my heart that Barack Obama is destroying this country, and I will continue to stand against his administration at every turn, but in light of recent events, this book has become problematic, and contains what I now believe to be factual inaccuracies," he said this morning. "I cannot in good conscience publish it and expect anyone to believe it."
The Esquire piece, which was not marked as satire until an update was posted several hours later, was picked up by numerous blogs. Farah rails: "I have concluded with attorneys who say we have an excellent chance of winning a lawsuit or lawsuits for the reckless disregard for the truth demonstrated by Mark Warren, Esquire and the Hearst Corporation in this matter. Personally, I think we should set our sights on taking ownership of Esquire. I think that would be a fair settlement. Obviously the magazine is in dire need of professional management."

NOTE: I came very close to posting about the Esquire piece, but luckily decided to check WND to see if they still had dozens of birther stories on the front page.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home