Main | Sunday, December 11, 2011

Andrew Breitbart Quits GOProud Over Outing Of Rick Perry's Strategist

"It is with sincere regret that I announce I must step down as a GOProud advisory member. On numerous occasions I have spoken with [GOProud leaders] Jimmy LaSalvia and Chris Barron of the significant impact the practice of “outing” had in my evolution from the political left to the right. I was under the absolute impression that both agreed. I have a zero tolerance attitude toward the intentional infliction of vocational and family harm by divulging the details of an individual’s sexual orientation as a weapon of political destruction.

"As an 'Advisory Board member' I was not consulted on this extreme and punitive act. Clearly, there are more productive means to debate controversial ideas and settle conflicts. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience stand with GOProud. I still stand by gay conservatives who boldly and in the face of much criticism from many fronts fight for limited government, lower taxes, a strong national defense as well as the other core conservative principles." - Andrew Breitbart.

GOProud continues to deny outing Fabrizio, saying that they thought he was already out due to work for Log Cabin Republicans and another LGBT group. Popcorn, anyone?

Here's the tweet that started it all, which I posted immediately after LaSalvia made it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home