Main | Tuesday, September 25, 2012

HomoconQuotable - Doug Mainwaring

"A signature on a petition actually says very little. Many attribute homophobic motives to the signers. In some cases, that may be true. I am certain that the vast majority are others who, like me, simply view 'marriage' as an immutable term that can only apply to heterosexuals. It’s undeniable that, from age to age, marriage has been humanity’s greatest success and source of prosperity, crossing all cultures and religions. We shouldn’t mess with it.

"Full disclosure: I am gay. A few years ago, I was on the other side of the fence on this topic. But the more I read, thought, investigated and attempted to defend my position, the more I realized that I couldn’t. I feel very strongly that gay relationships should be supported by society. I have grown convinced, however, that the term 'marriage' should not be altered or adjusted in any way." - Capitol Tea Party Patriots co-founder Doug Mainwaring, in a Washington Post op-ed that was gleefully posted today by NOM.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home