Main | Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Accuser Recants Allegations Against Sesame Street Actor Kevin Clash

The New York Times reports that the young man who accused Sesame Street actor Kevin Clash has recanted his claim that their relationship began when he was underage. Clash provides the voice of Elmo.
Andreozzi & Associates, a law firm that said it represented the accuser said in a statement that “he wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.” The statement added, “He will have no further comment on the matter.” The accuser’s identity has not been disclosed. Mr. Clash said through a spokesman: “I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further.” Sesame Workshop had no immediate comment on when Mr. Clash would return to work. On Monday, TMZ said that the accuser, now 24 years old, contacted Sesame Workshop last summer and claimed that, beginning at the age of 16, he had a sexual relationship with Mr. Clash.
Sesame Workshop had already said that their own investigation made them believe the accusation was false. But Kevin Clash will now always have this story following him around.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus