Main | Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mary Cheney & Wife Fire Back At Liz

"I was watching my sister-in-law on Fox News Sunday (yes Liz, in fifteen states and the District of Columbia you are my sister-in-law) and was very disappointed to hear her say 'I do believe in the traditional definition of marriage.' Liz has been a guest in our home, has spent time and shared holidays with our children, and when Mary and I got married in 2012 - she didn't hesitate to tell us how happy she was for us. To have her now say she doesn't support our right to marry is offensive to say the least. I can't help but wonder how Liz would feel if as she moved from state to state, she discovered that her family was protected in one but not the other. I always thought freedom meant freedom for EVERYONE." - Heather Poe, wife of Mary Cheney, writing today on her Facebook page.

"Couldn't have said it better myself.   Liz - this isn't just an issue on which we disagree - you're just wrong - and on the wrong side of history." - Mary Cheney, in an addendum to the above, which she re-posted to her own Facebook page.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home