Main | Friday, January 17, 2014

Barbara Bush: Family Dynasties Should Not Dominate The White House

Barbara Bush appeared on C-SPAN yesterday to say that while she feels Jeb is the most qualified person to be president in 2016, the same three families (Kennedys, Clintons, Bushes) should not dominate American politics.
"I think this is a great American country, great country, and if we can’t find more than two or three families to run for high office, that’s silly, because there are great governors and great eligible people to run. And I think that the Kennedys, Clintons, Bushes, there are just more families than that. [snip] But there are a lot of ways to serve. And being president is not the only one. And I would hope that someone else would run, although there’s no question in my mind that Jeb is the best qualified person to run for president, but I hope he won’t, because I think he’ll get all my enemies, all his brother’s, all — and there are other families. I refuse to accept that this great country isn’t raising other wonderful people."
Jeb Bush subtweeted his reaction to the interview.

Labels: , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home