Main | Thursday, April 09, 2015

Frothy Mix: I'll Make A Great President Because I Fought To Keep Sodomy Illegal

Rick Santorum announced today that he's moving closer towards a formal 2016 announcement. Yesterday he told Iowa legislators that he'll be a great president because he fought so hard to keep homosexuality illegal.
“I’ve been through that firestorm,” he explained. “I go back 13 years to when I was in the Senate and stood up and said, ‘If the Supreme Court decides a case this way, then all these bad things are going to start happening.’ And I said we would have same-sex marriage in this country in ten years. I was wrong: it was five years. And I was put through a national wringer like no one had been put through and I have been put through over and over and over again because I am not going to back down from what I believe is the right course for our country.” Although Santorum likes to claim that all of his dire predictions about the aftermath of Lawrence v. Texas came true, that isn’t exactly accurate. He told CNN at the time: "If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual (gay) sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything."

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home