Main | Monday, April 20, 2015

Ohio Gov. John Kasich: I'm Waiting For God To Tell Me To Run For President

Unlike in 2012 when such claims were made by Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Santorum, so far none of the declared GOP presidential candidates have explicitly said that God told them to run for president. That may soon change. Politico reports:
Ohio Gov. John Kasich continued to signal his increasing interest in running for president Sunday, saying he’s waiting for a signal from God before making the call. “My family is a consideration,” the Republican governor said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “Number two, the most important thing is, what does the Lord want me to do with my life?” While he awaits that clarity, Kasich said he’s been active on the trail just in case. “I’m not going to figure [it] out laying in bed, hoping lightning strikes,” he said.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home