Main | Monday, January 14, 2008

Top 25 Hook-Up Sites

This weekend while I was writing The Revenge Of Plan B, I couldn't remember or find the name of the hook-up site that everybody in SF was using in 1999, so eventually I just gave up and plugged "Manhunt" into the story. Somehow during my hunt for the site's name, I came across a place called Online Personals Watch, which tracks the business of personals/dating/hook-up sites. According to OPW, here's what Hitwise reports are the top 25 such sites, ranked by visits.

1 Singlesnet
2 PlentyofFish
3 eHarmony
4 Yahoo Personals
5 TRUE
6 Match
7 Adam4Adam
8 Manhunt.net
9 Blackpeoplemeet
10 Mate1
11 Gay.com
12 DateHookUp
13 BlackSingles
14 Onlinebootycall
15 Cupid.com
16 Hot or Not
17 MSN Dating (Match)
18 OutPersonals
19 SingleParentMeet
20 JustSayHi
21 American Singles
22 Love Access
23 BBPeopleMeet
24 Webdate
25 OK Cupid

I've never heard of most of these sites, but it's interesting to see that Adam4Adam, a site I first heard mention of a few weeks ago, is ranked higher than Manhunt.

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home