Main | Thursday, January 09, 2014

Fox News Head Roger Ailes: I Hired Sarah Palin To Piss Off People Who Hate Her

"The only two people I knew who got worse press than her were Richard Nixon and George W. Bush -- some of it unfairly, much of it unfair to her family. She's recognizable, she's attractive, and she still has the message of stop raising taxes. The Tea Party started as a group that [the government] could make go home to bake meatloaf at any point in the last three years by simply doing two things: Stop raising taxes and stop stealing their money. Congress can't stop spending money. I'm not a defender of everything she says. I don't hear everything she says. But I know she represents a certain group of people who rose up against their own party, which you rarely see. I probably hired her back, if you really want to get to the bottom of it, to give her a chance to say her piece and piss off the people that wanted her dead." - Fox News president Roger Ailes, speaking to the Hollywood Reporter.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home